Monday, May 6, 2013

She's HERE!

Audrey Elaine Moore - 4/29/13 - 8 lbs. 11 oz. - 21 1/2 inches - PERFECT!

Audrey arrived on a gloomy Monday morning and brought with her such joy we didn't even notice the yucky weather.  Her birth was my best yet...maybe they do save the best for last!  I say it was my best because I'm pretty sure the anesthesiologist was Jesus in disguise as a regular old Joe and performed a miracle as far as my epidural was concerned!  It was heaven!  I'm struggling with my back anyway so to have some relief from my back pain and my contractions I could have laid there all day in euphoria!  Anyway, she arrived at 2:13 pm and Tyler, my Mom, Tyler's Mom, Lucy, Will and I were overjoyed with our new girl!  It really was a perfect birth and for that I am truly thankful!

We stayed in the hospital a full 48 hours and by the end of it we were all tired and sick of being in there.  We've settled in nicely at home and for the most part it's like we've always been just as we are today.  I told Tyler on the way home from the hospital that after Will was born I had this feeling in the pit of my stomach that told me our family wasn't complete.  But with the everyday stresses and the financial responsibilities of even one child I also knew we probably needed to be done.  After our move I felt even more strongly that we were to remain a family of four forever.  When we found out we were in fact expecting a third baby the fear and uncertainty of another baby was so overwhelming that at times I thought maybe God made a mistake.  I wasn't sure I needed or even wanted another baby.  But if there is one thing I am sure of it's that we don't get to decide exactly whats right for us.  God definitely has a plan and I'm so humbled by the abundance of blessings he has showered on our little family.  We can do this, he's given us the means and the ability to be exactly as we are and thrive.  We will have rough days, in fact I'm a bit of a emotional mess but I typically am after I have a baby.  However I am also constantly in awe of my life, my family and a God that continues to provide even when I don't trust in him.

It's been exactly one week...almost to the hour as I type this that Audrey has been in our lives.  Lucy is the best big sister!  Will adores Audrey but forgets from time to time she's already here.  He reminds us all that his job is to take care of his sisters (even though Lucy seems to be in charge 99% of the time.)  My Mom is here and I don't know what I'd do without her.  She doesn't think she's helping much but she has no idea just how much she has done!  There are just certain times in a girls life when they need their mom...this is one of them and I'm so thrilled she can be here with us :)  Tyler is an amazing dad.  He's my very best friend and at night when we are all snuggled up with our new baby I can't believe I've had the opportunity to have three of his children.  There are no words :)

No comments:

Post a Comment